Friday 30 October 2015

What's a good price for a lesson?





Or to put it another way-what's a good lesson worth? In financial terms.And what's a fair price for the teacher to make a decent enough living?These seem like fairly simple questions but when you live between two countries which have two different currencies ,as I do , and your students pay you in a third or fourth currency because of where they are based it actually becomes quite complicated -unless you work with a company or agent who collects fee's ,takes their cut and sends the balance to you in a single currency which you then convert or not.
If you work for yourself in this area then  its up to you to decide a pricing scheme which is suitable for all nationalities while continuing to provide you with a living wage.
I am not greedy but I do have expenses ,like everyone,although as someone who is self employed my over heads are low.I try to be honest in my pricing.I know what I need to make on a monthly basis to cover my lifestyle but I also know what the average income is in a lot of other countries and this is what helps me decide on a fair price for the student and a fair rate for my work.
When working with people from around the globe I have found the best and safest method of payment for both students and myself  is Paypal.Its simple to use and quick to show payments.I rarely offer credit to students-there is the odd exception -so Paypal is a swift way to remedy a zero balance for lesson credits .
I have put together a package of lessons at Sterling ,Euro and Dollar rates.Please contact me on Skype at michelesenglish or via email at sheridanmichele@hotmail.com if you are interested in more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment