Sunday 8 August 2010

fires in Russia

My Moscow based students are really struggling at the moment.The fires due to the extreme heat are causing real air pollution in Moscow.Students are staying indoors with all windows shut!But its 40 odd degrees in the city so life is quite unpleasant for them.
Last week I had a number of lessons lined up for us to discuss business ,climate change and the USA but most students wanted to talk about the fires and the high temperature instead which then led us on to discussing last winter in Moscow.Again ,even for Russia ,this was an extreme weather event.Much colder for much longer than has been the norm.It was a good week of lessons ,students acquired new Lexis and adjectives to describe the weather and its effects.This coming week I will be teaching a number of my old students who have bought a new package with me as their teacher.It will be good to catch up with them as over time the students that I interact with this way become more like friends after a while.I am interested in them and their lives and they return the compliment.Plus I enjoy the intellectual stimulation of our conversations so I put a lot of effort into preparing our lessons .

No comments:

Post a Comment