Sunday 1 August 2010

some difficulties

So I have now been teaching on-line to students in Russia ,Korea and the UEA states.Its been interesting discovering new things about these geographical locations.Customs and lifestyles and censorship are all alive and well.My students enjoy discussing the world and while some deny that we are facing global issues that may have an impact directly on themselves they still are interested to read the news reports or books that I may recommend.
Its good to be prepared for lessons so that I can anticipate any lexical issues or maybe be ready to throw in an idiom or two!Some students send my pictures of themselves and their home towns which again gives us a topic.They can have an entire lesson where they are using their descriptive skills within the language.One student sent some simply amazing pictures of the Moscow state underground and lots of other pictures of some of the very grand buildings in Moscow.
I am thinking of developing my teaching now so that the work is more direct(no middle man!) ...so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment